Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sony Ericsson W810i New Aquisition

Finally.. after 6 months of cotemplating, I replaced my aging almost 2 year old Sony Ericsson T630 to the newer W810i The new W810i is Great.. Much faster Processor, and it has EDGE, which is great with DiGi, my cellphone provider. I have a small data plan for my DiGi account so edge is good for me.. Great things about the W810i: Its got EDGE! about 384 kbps down, which is half as fast as my streamyx. Plan to use it with my notebook for wireless data access.. Costs much less than any 3G access (i think) Walkman! Thats great, has a loud speaker too. Upgraded Java. Allows Maybank 2u use from my mobile and also the new Gmail mobile version. Looks Great! really.. my old T630 is aging in the aesthetics factor. Techie toys for geeky boys. The thing i hate most: It doesn't support Bluetooth Voice answer. Even my old T630 supported it but not this newer w810i. It also doesn't support the Voice redial. Its quite a big problem for me, as this means I can't answer calls with my Bluetooth headset anymore while scrubbed up. Still looking for a solution for this. Maybe a firmware hack may be possible. More later then

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am also currently using SE T630 & am looking for a replacement. Was looking at the new SE k618i. Did u considered the k618i before u decided on the w810i?

Prometheus said...

the k618 has 3G instead if edge.. and i was actually looking for EDGE, and the camera on the k618 is not 2 megapixel and i think there is a lack of the LED flashlight too.. thats why i got the w810i. However, the k618 has a thinner form factor i think.

Anonymous said...

Do you like playing in the game where you need to use runescape gold, when you do not buy runescape, you must borrowrs gold from friends, or you get runescape money. If you get cheap rs gold, you can continue this game.
Do you like playing the game where you need to use wonderland Gold, when you do not have wonderland online Gold, you must borrow wonderland money from friends, or you buy wonderland Gold. If you get cheap wonderland online Gold, you can continue this game.

Google