Friday, December 01, 2006

Clip Mod for Sony Ericsson IV-835 Bluetooth Headset

I finally modded my IV-835 bluetooth headset. Its better now that i don't have to stick it in my ear all the time. I can now clip it to my shirt like a pen. I don't know why sony doesn't make a similar clip. My design is not refined yet, so it has a rough finishing, but its functional. The clip need not be removed to stick the bluetooth into your ear. If sony made this, they could fabricate it to have a lower profile, which would make it fit better to the ear and look nicer too. I'm trying to find someone to fabricate the mould.. anyone knows who fabricates such moulds? Making it... I bought the cheapest charger i could find, which was a 10 ringgit car charger with the fastport plug. Cut the fastport plug into 2. After that, i cut off the stem off a pen, and drilled a whole into the pen cover. O then screwed the stem of the pen cover to the plug and superglued it for some sturdiness. Works well, now i can clip the bluetooth to my pocket when its not stuck to my ear. This clip works well with the iv-835 has the headset does not have a loop to get in the way when clipped to my pocket.

No comments:

Google