Monday, September 04, 2006

Better from Chickenpox!

Exactly 1 week after getting diagnosed with chicken pox. (Started symptoms 9 days back.) Was on Acyclovir for 1 week. Much better already! Can smile HA HA!! Retrospectively.. I think the 1st day of acyclovir should have been a larger loading dose. ( I don't know for sure if it is practised or not.) Day 2 and Day 3 post diagnosis was the most difficult. Painful on day 2 and Day 3, lethargy malaise. Generally really bad.. All that i could do was sleep, sleep and more sleep. Slowly got Better.. Day 5 was the day which could be said to be significantly better. The face was the most badly hit with the pox. Body and limbs were relatively less pox. Thats why i think i should have got a highter loading dose of acyclovir. Another problem is that I got generic acyclovir, Hospital is cheap.. Maybe the original Acylovir (Zovirax from Pfizer) would have been better. The cost of my medication for this week totals up to at least about 450 ringgit (120 USD). I have to be getting back to work by the end of this week. But I think I won't be going to the operating theatre for at least another 10 days. (i hope) Maybe I'll just be sitting in the clinic seeing patients.

No comments:

Google